I was very pleased by this New York Times article discussing the demise golf. It offers a glimmer of hope, kind of like someone announcing that they may have discovered a cure for evil itself. Here are some good, out of context quotes which bring a smile to my face:
- "We have to change our mentality."
- "The problem was not a game of golf. It was the game of golf itself."
- "...The ship is sinking."
- "A two-year campaign by the foundation to bring new players into the game...'hasn’t shown much in the way of results.'"
- "...If we don’t repackage our facilities to a more family orientation, we’re dead.”